2010-08-26

JDK7 - little better

My gripe about closing streams is addressed in latest (not released yet) JDK7. This version allows to write following (see http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/coin-dev/2009-February/000011.html):
try (BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(path)) {
           br.readLine();
}
And it actually compiles :) My complain is still intact however: instead of allowing me to write abstractions that I need Java requires me to for next release version and pray that it will have programming features I need. Why I still complain? Because JDK7 still does not have closures (I hope - yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

On security

My VPS recently got banned for spam which surprised me since none of my soft there sending email. So my first thoughts were that this is a...