2010-02-18

I want hyper continuations.

A situation: I debug a problem in program and paused it at some breakpoint. At this moment by examining state of program I find out that this problem can be fixed by other developer and want to re assign the bug to him. Now: how do I describe the state of program? Describe reproduction steps? Add stack trace from logs? Call him to come at my desk so he can debug further?
That the real options. Unreal but wanted one is: I serialize state of whole program, attach it to the bug report, that other developer loads state from program and can examine everything he needs.
That's what I would call a hyper continuation - you send it to other part of the world and do not care about details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On security

My VPS recently got banned for spam which surprised me since none of my soft there sending email. So my first thoughts were that this is a...